One of the things I like to do while researching an upcoming trip is to look for UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the country we are visiting. Usually, such places are on the list for their cultural or natural importance. And Mexico, with its rich history, is full of many such. Especially states like Queretaro, Guanajuato, and Mexico City.
I am sharing here the places we visited on this trip that belong to the UNESCO WHS list. I have listed all in the area. The bolded are the ones we visited.
- Historic Center of Mexico City/ Xochimilco
- Prehistoric City of Teotihuacan
- UNAM Central University City Campus
- Historic Monuments Zone of Queretaro
- The Franciscan missions of Sierra Gorda
- Historic town of Guanajuato and adjacent mines
If you are a UNESCO World Heritage Site buff, hope you find this list useful.